Are you truly ready for a sales effort in China?
- Are there other markets we should pursue before chasing China?
- Is our company "heart" in it, will critical internal players support a China effort?
- Are we serious about building a sustainable business or are we really just looking for a few one-off sales?
- Have we sold anything in China and why do we believe we have opportunity there (the "1.3 billion people" market analysis is not good reason)?
- Are we aware of any local Chinese alternatives with which it will be difficult to compete, especially on price?
- Will we have to modify our product to better suit Chinese customers' needs and to what extent (e.g. Chinese language interface, changing from standard to metric components)?
- Are there any certifications or approvals we must obtain such as CCC before we can sell in China?
- Who on our team will support our business in China and do they have the right character and experience?
- Do we have sufficient budget to fund a successful sales effort in China?
- What are our options and associated pros and cons for selling in China (e.g. own office, distributor network, sales outsourcing, etc.).
See winning the sales game in China for more on selling to win in China.
China Sage Consultants
Zhen An Plaza
333 Shi Men Er Road, Bldg. 3, 17-A
Shanghai, PR China 200041
PO Box 5745
Irvine, CA 92616-5745
US Ph: +1 714-595-5499
China Ph: +86 21-6247-3561
China from US: +1 714 876 5108
10 China B2B Sales Tips